The nurse navigator’s primary job is to eliminate barriers to timely diagnosis and treatment. If you’re a cancer patient or family member at Meadows Regional Cancer Center, you can count on our oncology certified nurse to be here for all your needs -- clinical, emotional, spiritual, financial and more.
We encourage you to lean on the patient navigator for guidance and help with:
- Understanding your diagnosis and treatment options
- Support groups
- Health insurance
- Financial aid
- Community resources for child care, transportation and more
- Scheduling tests, procedures and appointments
- Coordinating various treatments, from chemotherapy to radiation
- Clinical trial referrals, when appropriate
Our nurse navigator program is a free resource to all cancer patients. Our goal is to ensure you have the information and support you need throughout your entire journey, and to empower you to make informed decisions in a time of uncertainty. Patients are connected with the navigator shortly after diagnosis.